We all love NJ Pizza, right….! Well, banker John Crisafulli knows how to mix it up. As a young boy, he began working at the family restaurant which started a life long love for great food and especially PIZZA. Hence, he started a blog called “Johnny C The Pizza Guy“ which rates pizza restaurants all over NJ and NYC. He has developed a rating system and has critiqued some of the great pizza restaurants in NJ. How cool is that….!
Here are a few of the Pizza Restaurants
Pizza Rating System
1. Taste of Sauce (not gravy) 1 – 5 (5 being the best)
2. Quality of the underside, take a look underneath the slice = 1 – 5 (5 being the best)
3. The Crust = 1 – 5 (5 being the best)
4. Quality of the Cheese = 1 – 5 (5 being the best)
Main Factors that Make or Break the Pizza
5. When taking a bite does more cheese than just your bite come off the slice? Yes or No
Yes – Deduct 5 points from total No – Add 5 points from the total.
6. Did you have more than two drips of oil on your plate? Yes or No
Yes – Deduct 5 points from the total No – Still deduct a point for each drop (Johnny C dont like seeing oil drip)
7. Did you have any burnt parts of the pizza? Yes or No
Yes – Deduct 1 point for each burnt part. Something is going on with the oven or the pie man is not properly rotating the pizza or crust is too thin.
8. The Pizza Slice Hold – Ok, hold the slice from the crust and fold in half with one hand, does the pizza stay straight or is the tip falling down. Holds straight – Add a point Droops down – dont do anything, I’ve had great pizza that droops.
9. Are they using a brick oven or some kind of different oven rather then your traditional pizza oven? Yes or No If Yes add a point
10. Are they using a historical oven, has to be 20 years or oler – Yes or No If Yes add a point, give them 2 points if older than 50 years.
11. Do you want another slice? Yes or No
Yes add a point, No don’t do anything
0-15 It’s an average slice of pizza, definetely room for improvement
15-19 Not too bad, impressive
20-24 Real nice, I’ll definetley be back
24-27 I’m telling everyone to check out this pizza parlor. Top Notch!
* will be indicated for pizza taken out or delivered
Visit Johnny C – The Pizza Guy